Thứ Tư, 3 tháng 4, 2013

Indestructible Hulk # 6 Review

If you need a reason to buy this issue, here it is: Walter Simonson draws Thor. If those four words don't get you excited, then we come from very different comic book worlds and I don't think we can be friends anymore. Sorry, but it's not me, it's you. Indestructible Hulk #6 is downright incredible. Seriously, this comic calls back to the books of a long gone and sorely missed era of superhero adventures. I absolutely adore nearly everything about it.

Mark Waid has proven time and time again he understands what makes a great superhero book, and in this issue he puts that knowledge to practice big time. Indestructible Hulk #6 is new reader friendly, exciting, fun, and totally fresh. This thing belongs on a spinner rack; it's too good for a bag and board. Waid just nails it.

As previously stated, Walter Simonson's name on the cover should be enough to sell this issue. Simonson drawing Thor just seals the deal. This issue is a thing of beauty, a paneled alter that we should all be worshipping at. Page after page, I found myself gently wiping drool from my chin. That's right, Indestructible Hulk #6 is so good it'll make you drool. There's your cover quote, Marvel. The only complaint I can levy at this thing is a small one: I kind wish Hulk's armor would have opened up, like it did in previous issues. Hulk just doesn't quite feel as big as I want him to feel in this issue. But really, other than that, this thing is damn near perfection.

Benjamin is a writer and storyteller. He owns many leather-bound books and his office smells of rich mahogany. Follow Benjamin on Twitter @616Earth, or find him on IGN.


Source : feeds[dot]ign[dot]com

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét